In recent years, we have allowed early camping to take place at Splashy Fen in an attempt to cater for those travelling from afar, however this has developed into quite a gathering of Splashy Fenners. While we love the enthusiasm, we do need to ensure that we control the early camping numbers in order to allow our staff, service providers and vendors to setup for the official opening of the festival. In order to manage that, we have had to limit the number of early camping tickets available. In 2020, these will be limited to 600 people only (R160 per person excl booking fee), and you will need to purchase your early camping pass online with your festival ticket as an extra add on purchase.
Please note that once these 600 passes are sold, no more will be made available, and no attendees will be allowed onto the site on Wednesday without one of these passes.
A brand new campsite has been introduced in 2020 which will offer 60 powered sites setup in a newly fenced off area on a brand new stretch of river that hasn’t before been open for campers. The area is located at the bottom of the general campsite, on the right as you come over the concrete bridge onto Splashy Fen. These sites will have a basic power facility to each site, and will allow a maximum of 4 people per site. The sites are 10m x 6m in size and cost R1850 for the duration of the festival. This price does not include your festival ticket which needs to be purchased separately. Your powered campsite pass can be purchased when you purchase your festival ticket.
WHAT A SPLASHY FEN TICKET GETS YOU:
- Access to the entire festival site from 9th – 13th April. There are no VIPS at Splashy.
- 4 nights camping with hot showers, serviced toilets and running water.
- 5 unique stages + a number of awesome pop up shows across the festival site. Be sure to look out for these #justsaying.
- Over 300 international and local artists.
- Over 30 food vendors to satisfy your taste buds.
- A curated craft market for some happy shopping.
- Dedicated medical zone.
- One of SA’s best festival security setups.
- Red Frogs: a welcoming space for anyone and everyone. Plus… free pancakes!
- Charging stations for your phones.
- FREE: yoga, trail running, digeridoo and drumming.
PLUS… you’ll get to enjoy:
- The beautiful Berg River… need we say more?
- A fun Easter weekend on the doorstep of a world heritage site.
- Time away with family and friends, old and new.
- The most unique and inclusive festival, also the friendliest, in the whole of South Africa.