The recent COVID-19 and national disaster classification means that Splashy Fen can no longer take place from 9-13th April 2020. This is a huge disappointment to everyone involved, as we put so much love, passion and work into creating this special festival for you. Our dedicated team have sat since early hours this morning to discuss the plans and options available to us.

This has not been an easy discussion. Splashy Fen takes 8 months to organise, including an 8 week site build up (which has already started) and involves more than 600 working staff and over 300 musicians.  As an event, we have two options available to us; namely cancelling or postponing.

Cancelling seems to be the easiest option for many events to date, with little to no refunds being offered to fans due to the nature of the cancellation being a legal term called Force Majeure – essentially an ‘Act of God’ beyond anyone’s control. While this may be an easier route for many, we need to be cognisant of the far reaching effects that a Splashy Fen cancellation offers.

Consider the artists who lose all income and ability to work during these times. Consider the toilet janitor, cleaning crew, food vendors and service providers whose income has just disappeared. All these suppliers have essentially had their businesses temporarily closed.  These are the same people who have brought you so much joy and happiness over the last few years at Splashy Fen. This issue is greater and deeper than we can all imagine.

Having said that, as a festival, we have always prided ourselves on our ethical standpoint and behaviour and our close-knit community of fans and supporters that has the ability to support each other and pull together during testing times. We feel it is our duty as Splashy Fen to ensure that we continue in some way or form, to ensure that our service providers, artists, janitors, staff, cleaning crew and of course our fans, have confidence in our ability to deal with adversity. Together, let us make sure that in a time of uncertainty and negativity we concentrate on creating positive energy and kindness in our lives.

Based on extensive discussions today we are pleased to announce that Splashy Fen 2020 will not be cancelled. Instead all our staff, musicians, sponsors and service providers have pulled together to show what a real community can do and we have managed to arrange a postponement of Splashy Fen 2020.  The 2020 festival will now take place from Wednesday 23rd September through until Sunday 27th September, with early camping available on Tuesday 22nd September. This new date will take place during the school holidays and the Thursday (24th September) is a public holiday (Heritage Day).  All tickets already bought for Splashy Fen 2020 (Easter dates) will be valid for the new September dates.

As a festival, we are absorbing a large cost in this regard, and all we can do is appeal to our fans to support our new date in September and to embrace this necessary change. We promise to deliver the same amazing, value for money experience that everyone has come to know and love.

Should fans be unable to attend the new date, Splashy Fen will offer a 75% refund accordingly up until the 13th April, after which our standard refund policy will be applied, which can be viewed on our ticket page.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Splashy Fen in September!

Stu and Fuzz.


Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed or messaged on social media. WE HEAR YOU…



What are the new 2020 Splashy Fen festival dates.

The festival will take place on Wednesday the 23rd of September until Sunday the 27th of September 2020. Early camping will be available for Tuesday the 22nd of September.

Why has this decision been taken to postpone?

The growing concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in government placing a ban on all gatherings of more than 100 people. Splashy Fen unfortunately falls within this category. We fully support this stance, and our fans and the wellbeing of everyone is our most important consideration. However, cancelling the festival outright is not an option for us, as Splashy Fen plays such an important role in the lives of so many people. Now, more so than ever, we feel it is important during a time of such negativity to ensure we all have something to look forward.

Who is responsible for this postponement?

The reality is that nobody is to blame for this postponement. We are in the midst of a global issue that is likely to be a once in a lifetime occurrence.  Splashy Fen and its service providers have done everything in their control to be able to stage a successful Easter festival, and at no point have any of our team members neglected their duties, resulting in a postponement. We can’t stress enough how this is an uncontrollable issue that we are all faced to deal with – collectively and responsibly.

Will my Splashy Fen 2020 ticket be valid for the NEW September dates?

Absolutely! All tickets bought to date will be valid for the new Splashy Fen of Wednesday 23rd September to Sunday 27th September. This includes all early and powered camping tickets, and Harambee Tented Hotel bookings. For Harambee information please contact:

What Impact does this have on the Festival?

The Splashy Fen experience is one that we work very hard to create and the same will apply for the new festival dates. While every effort will be made to keep the music line-up the same, certain musicians may be unavailable for the new date. This information will be communicated with you ASAP. Otherwise the intention is to stage Splashy Fen as it would have been, except on the new dates, with the same service and value offering that you have come to know and love from us.

If I can’t attend the new date, what is the refund policy?

Should fans be unable to attend the new date, Splashy Fen will offer a 75% refund accordingly up until the 13th April, after which our standard refund policy will be applied, which can be viewed on our ticket page

Can we just go to Splashy informally over the Easter weekend anyway?

Unfortunately not. Splashy Fen is a privately owned farm and will be closed over the Easter weekend period. But September isn’t far off… so you’ll be back on the farm that you love, in no time at all.

Can I redeem my 2020 ticket at Splashy 2021 as opposed to the new September date ?

Unfortunately Splashy 2021 is a separate event and those ticket sales will only open in October 2020. Splashy 2020 tickets will not be valid for Splashy 2021.

What if the ban does not get lifted before the postponed date?

At this stage there are no indications that the September date is at risk. Should this become a reality, we will communicate openly to everyone in advance, as we always do, and advise accordingly.

Who can we contact:

Harambee Tented Hotel:  
General Information: